Expeditor/Pollution & Safety Advisor
Expeditor/Pollution and Safety Advisor
Intertek is a leading international provider of quality and safety services to a wide range of global and local industries, employing over 30,000 employees worldwide.
Intertek Commodities supports the world’s oil, refining, petro-chemical, agricultural and commodity trading markets with cargo inspection, product quality control, trouble-shooting, calibration and other testing and inspection related services.
International company with a client list of well known resource companies requires independent and experienced tanker deck officers to act as Expeditors/Pollution and Safety Advisors for their clients. Flexibility and an appetite for growing new business is a must.
· Supervising tanker loading and discharging operations to encourage pollution prevention and safety
· Ensuring operations are carried out in compliance with best industry practices and with applicable terminal and regulatory requirements
· Minimizing port time to improve operational efficiency, subject always to safe operations
· Thoroughly investigating failures or damage incidents and reporting accordingly
· Assisting in business development
· Able to work without supervision
· Flexibility and ability to work as part of a small team
· Qualification as a Master Mariner, or Chief Officer foreign going
· Experience as a senior officer on tankers, product carriers a must and other types preferred
· Certification as Supervisor of an Oil Transfer Operation and Specialised Oil Tanker Training endorsement or equivalent
· Familiarity with OCIMF terminal, ship to ship and mooring publications
· Sea going experience, or similar employment within past 10 years
· Experience ashore as a superintendent, surveyor or marine consultant
· Strong Proficiency in Verbal and Written Communications in English
· No international relocation is being offered
· Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted
· Applicants must have Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant Status (in possession of Permanent Resident card) with the ability to travel without restriction.