Director of Operations
Responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the hovercraft, terminals, operational staff & third party engineering team. Ensuring all activities carried out in the terminal area and on the hovercraft are undertaken in a safe and environmentally correct manner, and to strive for a zero accident and near misses.
Manage the operations in compliance with the ISMCode & MCA regulations.
To ensure that the company is at all times promoted in a professional manner, and that staff reflect a professional manner in the company’s areas of operations, and the company meets its budgeted requirement.
Main areas of responsibility:
Overall responsibility for the following :
• Compliance of company in accordance with the ISMCode and requirements or the regulatory authorities. All communication, liaison, interrelationship with MCA , operational training, documentation, manuals, audits, risk assessments and certification to be maintained and upheld (and exceeded) to the standards as outlined in the ISMCode and any other regulatory documents.
• Heath & Safety across all departments in the company. Investigation of incidents and to establish the root cause and make recommendations to prevent a recurrence.
• Engineering : responsibility for the management of engineering contract, objectives and standards, including and not limited to the required standards, objectives & functionalities as detailed in the ISMcode. Formulating a working plan and action list in accordance with the ISMCode & SMS. Authorising all necessary hovercraft orders for stores, spares, repairs and survey within the limits of authority to ensure the hovercraft remains adequately stocked for safe and efficient operation. Working closely with all other members of the engineering team to ensure that all repairs or all reported deficiencies, damages and non-conformities are cleared as quickly as possible.
• Operational Performance throughout the company, including and not limited to OTP, Fuel use and overhead costs, monitoring the performance trends and to take remedial actions where and when required.
• Customer Services & Relations - ensuring the company offers the very highest standard of service delivery, organising and maintaining training and support to the teams where required.
• HR - manage all operational teams, including the Masters (pilots). Including and not limited to recruitment, training, appraisals, coaching and Security Policies and Procedures are maintained.
• DPA duties as per ISMCode, assisting with any emergency response.
• Emergencies preparedness, including crisis Management procedures and policies all external & internal audit planning.
• The highest standards are achieved in all areas of responsibility
• A control on all overhead costs, ensuring the budget is achieved
• A high level of motivation throughout all teams.
• Clear and uniformed communication throughout the company, ensuring motivation is achieved throughout the team.
All areas of responsibility will require ongoing review, updating and development and when required implementation
Supported by three direct reports :
• Senior Pilot
• 2 Operations Manager’s
Involvement with team to strive to deliver across all parts of the business will be required ensuring budget targets are reached, and exceeded.
• Any other duties from time to time required by the company.
• Previous experience as a Marine or Technical Superintendent and previous experience in a senior engineering position in the marine industry.
• Ability to administer technical & budgetary requirements.
• Adequate experience of managing internal & external engineering crews.
• Self-motivated and proactive in approach
• Excellent problem solver
• Good people manager
• Good communication skills
• Excellent team working skills
• Working knowledge MSOutlook, Excel & Word
Please apply via Tradewinds link or register your interest by sending your CV along with cover letter to email@example.com
Please Note: All non European Nationals must have a valid permit to work in the European Union
We have numerous vacancies available so please visit our website for a full list and to register for job alerts.