This job is no longer available
Title: Chartering Manager
Line Manager: Head of Department
Contract Type: Permanent
Brightoil Group is one of the largest privately owned petroleum enterprise in China. The Company was established in 1992 and was the second largest fuel oil importer in 2009. It is only non-state owned licensee eligible to provide bunkering services in China. Brightoil Group currently has interest in sales, storage of oil and petrochemical, terminal loading/unloading, marine bunkering, land & marine transportation, petroleum exploration, gas station & bunkering services. With its fully integrated up and down stream businesses and a complete supply chain network, it provides strong support to its customers and partners.
The role will be responsible for the chartering activities for the trading arm of Brightoil. Responsibilities and requirements include:
* Responsible for the marketing of our tonnage to designated customers in conjunction with, or as, the coordinator.
* Negotiate spot fixtures/time charter to achieve optimal returns for principals
* Monitor market trends and assess viability of possible business opportunities and provide recommendations to management for further course of action
* Identify customer needs and expectations through relationship management
* Liaise with Technical, Fleet & Operations teams to address related issues arising in the pre/post fixing process
* Responsible for reporting and updating customer chartering activities, personnel, refinery and fleet changes and maintaining updated customer information files for assigned customers
* Joint responsibility in reporting and maintaining databases and records
* Manage direct reports and team ensuring team structures and job definitions, targets and objectives, recruitment, appraisals, feedback, training and development and reward allocation are all administered in keeping with company culture and guidelines.
* Manage and supervise all bunker procurement and review reports issued to senior management on a quarterly basis
* Responsible for monitoring the Bunker /clean market chartering developments (as required)
* Actively participate in the development of the quality management system and engage in the process for the continuous improvement of departmental procedures
* Self-Development - Intermediate
* Drive - Intermediate
* Reasoning & Analysis - Intermediate
* Open & Approachable - Intermediate
* Representing Brightoil shipping - Intermediate
* Customer Focus - Intermediate
* Performance Management - Intermediate
* Planning, Organizing & Coordinating - Intermediate
QUALIFICATIONS AND / OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Holding a recognised educational certificate in Maritime Studies, Shipping Operations or relevant.
* At least 5 years of similar working experience in a well-known Shipping MNC with VLCC and/or Aframax experience is imperative.
* Have sound knowledge of Charter Parities and extensive networks in the Shipping industry, and ability or experience to start and run chartering business / division.
* Detailed understanding of oil tanker markets, contracts and industry players
* Negotiation and relationship management skills
* Very strong commercial acumen and track record of delivery in fast paced environment
Interested candidates please send your detailed resume with current & expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.