This job is no longer available
Title: Accountant, Shipping
Line Manager: Finance Manager, Shipping
Contract Type: Permanent
Brightoil Petroleum Group is one of the largest private petrochemicals company in China. We are a fast growing company specialized in petroleum products including storage and terminals, wholesale, oil and gas exploration exploitation, marine bunkering and international trading.
Brightoil Petroleum in Singapore is engaged in overseas business development, including international oil product trade, overseas oil exploration, business development and participation in international oil market operation. Due to our business expansion, we are seeking high calibre and dedicated professionals to join us in a dynamic and challenging environment as Accountant, Shipping.
* Supervise and ensure the proper functioning of the accounts payable, vessel accounts
* Oversee the timely preparation of various budgets and variance reports
* Responsible for statutory and tax compliance for Brightoil Shipping
* Assist to manage tax exposure for Brightoil Shipping
* Liaise with auditors, bankers, tax agents and secretarial agents on respective matters
* Ensure efficient accounting process and system
* Prepare crew wage administration including monthly allotments and final settlements
* Prepare payment instruction to banks
* Arrange cash to master. Reimbursement of expense claims for seafarers
* Check and arrange payment to Manning agents as applicable.
* Carry out monthly Portage bill checks
* Monitor funding balance with prepare statements of account for various principals
* Handle correspondence with ships/ agents for crew accounts matters
* Prepare payment instructions Ensure all remittances are properly executed
* Arrange cash advances for masters or staff attending vessels
* Negotiate with overseas agents on agency rates and discounts
* Check disbursement invoices for respective vessels
* Check and ensure the invoices are properly approved and make relevant adjustments after circulation. Arrange payment of disbursement invoices to agents
* Prepare bi-monthly cash requirement budget
* Follow up on P&I claim items with insurance department
* Update, monitor and recover any surplus balance due by agent
* Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for Brightoil Shipping Singapore.Prepare journal entries and enter into accounts system.
* Manage direct reports and team ensuring team structures and job definitions, targets and objectives, recruitment, appraisals, feedback and training and development are all administered in keeping with company culture and guidelines.
* Actively participate in the development of the quality management system and engage in the process for the continuous improvement of departmental procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND / OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Financial degree with 6 – 8 years of relevant experience
* Proficient in MS office product (Excel), SAP, Triplepoint.
* Shipping industry experience is essential
* Good people management skills
* Experience in effective partnering with counter parties/operation/business development teams
• Attractive remuneration package
• 5 days week (Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm)
• Convenient work location (10 minutes’ walk from Larbrador Park MRT)
Interested candidates please send your detailed resume with current & expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.