This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Engineer to join a global shipping company. Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the safety, technical, nautical and crewing aspects relating to the operation of the fleet.
* Leads the vessel group (QA/HSE Manager, Vetting Manager, Marine Superintendent, Technical Superintendent, Purchaser, Crewing Superintendent, IT Manager)
* Monitors the performance of the vessels in all its aspects and initiates proposals for improvements
* Prepares and controls budgets for the vessels in close concert with the managing director fleet
* Plans dry-dockings and regular maintenance periods in concert with the technical superintendent
* Integrates new tonnage into the fleet management
A degree qualification in a relevant engineering or Naval Architecture degree or a sea going background is required. You must have shore based experience working as Technical Superintendent. Chemical experience is an essential