This job is no longer available
Application due: 1/15/2013
TORM is one of the world’s leading product tanker carriers and a long-term contract holder in the Bulk market. We operate a modern fleet of approximately 100 product tankers which vary in size from 37,000-110,000 dwt vessels. To strengthen our commercial team, we are looking for a Senior Operator to join our Operation Department in Copenhagen.
You have a shipping background with minimum 5 years experience as an Operator of tankers and proven competencies within the following fields;
- You are well educated in maritime law and able to handle most legal issues independently
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- You are able to optimize voyage results through proactive involvement
- You are able to work in and with a highly efficient and dynamic international team spanning across time zones, nationalities and cultures
- You are committed and able to work independently while maintaining focus on results, customer service and stakeholder management
- You are flexible and able to juggle many different tasks simultaneously without losing focus or overview
- You are detail- and data orientated and have a good knowledge of the use of IT applications
- You are able to handle change
- You are always driving improvements.
We are looking for an experienced operator, who is able to work independently and handle the daily operation of our product tankers.
You will be part of the operation desk at our Hellerup office and your primary responsibility will be to ensure effective commercial operation of a specific number of vessels.
Communication across geographical, cultural and organizational borders will assist you building up a strong professional network, and though you enjoy working independently, while maintaining focus on results, customer service and relationships, you are a keen team player who enthusiastically shares your knowledge and you are eager to gain more in return.
A very flexible working environment in an informal and international organization, where two days are never the same.
We offer an exciting job where you will be given the opportunity to work independently and with plenty of scope for personal and professional development within a fast moving shipping company. Salary is subject to qualifications including pension scheme and health insurance.
For further information regarding the position, please call Senior Vice President, Tanker Division Tina Revsbech (+45) 39 17 92 00. Please submit your application and CV via above link “Apply for position” or our website www.torm.com and no later than Tuesday 15 January 2013.
Your application will be treated in confidence and our reply will be sent to the email address from which you send your application.
TORM is one of the world’s leading carriers of refined oil products as well as a significant player in the dry bulk market. The Company runs a fleet of approximately 100 modern vessels in cooperation with other respected shipping companies sharing TORM’s commitment to safety, environmental responsibility and customer service.
TORM was founded in 1889. The Company conducts business worldwide and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. TORM’s shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen (ticker: TORM) and on NASDAQ in New York (ticker: TRMD). For further information, please visit www.torm.com