This job is no longer available
Oman Ship Management Company S.A.O.C. (OMSC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Oman Shipping Company S.A.O.C.
As the Company is expanding, it is recruiting the following vacancy, at its Muscat Headquarters:
Position name: Technical Superintendent - Fleet Engineering Support
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Chief Engineers certification or Degree in Marine Engineer.
- One years experience as Chief Engineer.
- Or two years experience as repair manager in a shipyard.
- Full understanding of Flag and Class requirements for vessel operation.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office.
- Experience of control of a vessel shipyard repairs.
- Experience of control of a vessel Special Survey requirements.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Experienced in the ISM and ISPS Codes, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Standards, mandatory rules and regulations
- Understanding and experience of all latest regulations of MARPOL / SOLAS / IMO.
- Experience of computerised integrated planned maintenance.
- Ability to assist and support Chief Engineers of vessels by message and telephone.
- Has passport requirement for world wide travel.
- Able to locate as permanent to Muscat.
Please apply with your CV through our website, www.omanship.co.om, by clicking on our "Careers" page, and selecting "Current Vacancies".
Application deadline is 31 January 2013. All applications will be treated with strict confidence.