This job is no longer available
Oman Ship Management Company S.A.O.C. (OMSC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Oman Shipping Company S.A.O.C.
As the Company is expanding, it is recruiting the following vacancy, at its Muscat Headquarters:
Position name: Manager - Vessel Training
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Class 2 Deck or Engine Certificate of Competency (CoC). Preference will be given to Candidates holding a Class 1 CoC
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Senior Training Role either at a recognised Maritime Training College or with an International Shipping Company.
- Preference will be given to candidates holding a formal Teaching Qualification such as a Diploma of Education.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication and soft skills with a proven ability to work effectively with different nationalities and cultures.
- “Train the Trainer” Qualified and strong presentation skills
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are essential.
- Ability to travel internationally at short notice and live and work on board Company vessels for periods up to one month at a time.
- Previous experience in Safety Management desirable
Please apply with your CV through our website, www.omanship.co.om, by clicking on our "Careers" page, and selecting "Current Vacancies".
Application deadline is 31 January 2013. All applications will be treated with strict confidence.