An international offshore ship owner are inviting applications from experienced Procurement Managers to lead their procurement team.
The Successful Applicant
- Diploma in Marine Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or Equivalent and/or member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Must possess excellent team-working and communication skills and have the ability to facilitate change and motivate others.
- Detailed knowledge and experience covering the complete procurement and contract management lifecycle.
- An in-depth appreciation of strategic purchasing objectives in line with corporate strategy for the achievement of successful corporate goals.
- Min 5 Years offshore marine services / O&G procurement and contracts environment essential
- 5 years minimum management experience preferably with a main service provider
- Negotiation skills at all levels and an influential leader
- Effective interfacing with management, operations, accounts, QA, and General Managers Operations/Commercial
- Ability to inspire, work with self motivation and confidence
- Participate in Operational and commercial activities actively take part in problem analysis, report and recommend areas requiring special attention, corrective actions and input to key proposals in support of business development as required
- Management, preparation, development and implementation of specific documents procedures and processes
- Ensure value for money in the acquisition, and use of goods, works and services
- establish and maintain a framework to achieve best practice arrangements whilst implement strategic sourcing
- Demonstrate and provide expert leadership, guidance, direct and manage the department to ensure optimum level of resources to reflect a balance of appropriate need and fiscal provision
- Communicate and work closely with QA/management to ensure alignment and co-ordination with Integrated Management System
- Communicate and work closely with all discipline departments and personnel to co-ordinate delivery of scope of services against planned schedules
- Manage the timely issue of RFQs
- Manage the timely placement of POs and Contracts for specifically assigned services and equipment at the lowest total cost for quantity, quality and delivery required in line with operating processes and procedures
- Determine supplier capabilities and manage supplier relationships
- Conduct review meetings with suppliers/clients, thus promoting and developing a high standard of supplier/client relations.
- Ensure that adequate resources and shore based support are available at all times.
- Attend regular procurement interface meetings with discipline managers
- Personally abide by ethical practices in all dealings with management and supplier community
- Conduct appraisals as required by Integrated Management System.
- Monitoring and reporting to Executive Management and Operations on company and ship procurement performance.
- Co-ordinating and developing procurement systems, including the control of procurement statistics. Ensuring that these Statistics are communicated to all necessary parties.
- Provide procurement support to projects, operations and marketing
- Provide procurement support .
- Co-ordinating with clients procurement compliance of chartered and/or managed vessels
- Participate and represent organisation within various Industry bodies.
- Ensuring that the processes needed to maintain and monitor the Integrated Management Systems are established and implemented
- Co-ordinating and ensuring compliance with, and actively participating in, all internal and external audits.
- Maintain departmental objectives as per schedule
- Assist with contract and bid processes as required for any bidding process; price, safety, reliability, efficiency, freight cost and total cost of ownership.
Remuneration Package On Offer
Highly competetive basic salary, + extensive benefits package and potential relocation package.
Preference will be given to candidates already based locally or within UK. You must have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered.