This job is no longer available
Customer Broker/Fuel Seller – London
World Fuel Services currently requires a customer facing Broker to join its market leading marine team.
The Broker will be responsible for the fuel broking, resale and delivery for the marine segment. This position will oversee the development of new customer accounts and penetrating further business with existing customers.
World Fuel Services is a global leader in fuel logistics, specialising in the marketing, sale and distribution of marine, aviation and land fuel products and services. We are a Fortune 100 company and this is a unique opportunity to be part of our expanding London based sales team.
Core duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage requirements from existing marine customers
- Proactively prospect for new business opportunities from new customers – research and analyse client opportunities and develop/implement action plans for attaining the new business
- Frequently visit existing and new customers
- Maintain a database of active customer targets and prospects
- Be a reliable point of contact for customer requests and transactions
- Assist in operational/logistic support where needed. These activities, fuel delivery coordination and ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (BACKGROUND AND SKILLS):
- The successful candidate is likely to have in excess of two years’ experience of selling commodities, preferably marine fuel.
- An understanding of commodity market dynamics.
- A resilient and tenacious character.
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills are needed in order to interpret market information and competitively price products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A willingness and desire to solicit for new business opportunities from new and existing customers.
- Experience gained as a marine fuel Broker/Trader is desirable.
- A clear understanding of derivatives.