This job is no longer available
GENERAL JOB INTRODUCTION:
AVP, Strategic Planning & Research required for this group level appointment based from their Singapore office. Reporting to the SVP this role will facilitate business strategy development for the overall portfolio of businesses in this Group. The objective of this role will be to maximize the Group’s business growth thus resulting in optimum levels of return on capital employed.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client originally formed in Houston in 1994 is involved in ocean transportation of crude oil and refined products. They own and manage a fleet of vessels with an asset base of around US$2.8 billion, employ more than 3,000 people worldwide and generate annual revenues of > US$1 billion. With its HQ in SE Asia it conducts operations from the regional offices in Houston, London, Singapore and India.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
Your skillset would have been forged in a Corporate Planning or Consultancy & research house type environment where you would have gleaned 10 years direct experience in research and strategic planning and a relevant finance background is essential. With a major in Finance or Economics you will also hold a relevant MBA. Good research and analytical skills, good written, presentation and verbal skills as well as a high EQ will be essential to help implement strategic vision at a grassroots operational level.
With 3 direct reports, your sole mandate will be to lead the strategic planning unit. You will identify key sources of data for collation, performing analysis and developing insights that result in setting the strategy for optimizing competitive growth/performance.
- Create and implement a (CI) framework and process.
- Glean macro-economic (EEA), industry, competitor and customer insights.
- Analysis and scenario planning & financial modelling based on key industry & competitive opportunities.
- Identify/ agree organizational objectives, develop process to duplicate, track and measure the implementation of these strategies.
- Create and drive the strategy making process, assessing key market insights, develop SWOT for the company and key Competitors and map out Key Customers’ Strategies & Objectives.
- Establish Strategic Direction, by using tools/ methodologies such as scenario and portfolio planning.
- Analyze opportunities for organic/inorganic growth including new business acquisition and customer retention.
- Bridge the gap between strategy and execution by translating strategy into tangible and actionable targets.
- Drive and oversee strategy implementation by creating/delivering Corporate BSC and preparation of relevant Corporate Planning papers for submission to the Board.
- Maintain excellent relationships with research houses, subject matter and industry experts.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER