This job is no longer available
GENERAL JOB INTRODUCTION:
A leading offshore vessel owner/operator with a fleet of AHTS, PSV, and specialty vessels is looking to recruit an experienced Marine Operations Superintendent ensure the safe operation of vessels and the upkeep of the SMS
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a leading offshore vessel owner and operator.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Previous seagoing experience with at least 5 years of experience in Supply, AHTS, (DSV and/or Subsea) operation is preferred but not a must!
2. Good knowledge of maritime rules and regulations, code and guidelines, QA & HSE requirements and able to carry out audits independently.
3. Ship-repair knowledge
4. Must be competent with Ship Management (navigation, information sharing)
5. Excellent communication skills with ability to deal with people of all levels
6. Good attitude, responsible, well organized and possess strong interpersonal skills working within a multinational company environment.
7. Ability to travel within short notice and regularly.
8. Minimum 3years’ experience required.
9. DP experience is a must.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be able to be contacted for telephone interviews by one of our consultants and thereafter a detailed job description will be made available for discussion!
10. Conduct regular ship inspections to ensure compliance to the statutory requirements of the ISM /ISPS and Chartering co-ordinations.
11. Ensure effective management and maintenance of the Company vessels operations and to also handle general marine matters, to include the following:
12. Monitoring/replenishing bunkers, water, lub oil
13. Crew—evaluation, monitoring
14. Vetting supply/stock of provisions, food, stores and spares
15. Communicating with Charters and dealing with:
16. On/off-hire surveys
17. Suitability surveys
18. IMCA and CIMD surveys
19. Communicating with the Commercial/Marketing Department as it relates to:
20. NCS- Notification of Charter Status
21. NJE—Notification of Job Expenses
22. JPI-- Job Purchase Instruction
23. Managing/monitoring maintenance
24. Working in good problem solving skills and knowledge of ISM / ISPS and able to carry out working independently.
25. Ability to travel overseas within short notice as instructed by Operation Managers and Fleet Manager for inspections, surveys, meeting and accident investigations.
1. Ship Repair knowledge
2. Be able to handle Internal Audits for Vessels and to use the Immigration Crewing On-line System
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
Our client is offering a competitive remuneration package, including a bonus.