This job is no longer available
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Handymax dry bulk ships. We are listed and headquartered in Hong Kong, and our network of 19 offices spans six continents to position us close to customers. Our fleet comprises over 230 vessels and we currently operate in two core maritime sectors under the banners of Pacific Basin Dry Bulk and PB Towage. We employ approximately 2,000 seafarers and a multinational team of over 325 shore-based staff globally.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
CHARTERING MANAGER - HONG KONG
• Chartering professional with around 3 to 8 years relevant experience;
• Experience working on the cargo side with ship owners or ship operators is preferred;
• Good knowledge of Pacific region Handymax and Handysize dry bulk trades;
• Dynamic and ambitious team player with a proven track record in chartering;
• Ability to build strong relationships with customers, brokers and other key industry stakeholders;
• Excellent communication skills, English language proficiency is essential.
• Reports to the Director Chartering Pacific;
• Assist in the business development and marketing duties of the Hong Kong office;
• Manage existing and new customer requirements, specifically spot and COA chartering;
• Establish relationships with brokers and COA partners;
• Proactively develop solutions for customers and ensure high performance and service delivery;
• Continuously strive to optimize voyage efficiency and results;
• Work closely within the broader Pacific Basin group to develop the Handymax/Handysize business within the Pacific region;
• Financial responsibility for contracts and fixtures concluded and operational follow up;
• Participate in establishing and sharing of freight market views and market
• When required, support the team on charter out activities, voyage calculations/trading and COAs.
Please apply with your résumé and a covering letter to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org by or before 28 February 2013.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.