This job is no longer available
Customer Broker/Fuel Seller (Italian speaking)
Location: Flexible (one of WFS’ European offices)
World Fuel Services (WFS) currently requires a customer facing Broker (fluent in Italian and English) to join its market leading marine team and sell marine fuel to leading shipping companies throughout Europe.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of either selling or procuring marine fuel or will have experience of trading other commodities which they are eager to transfer to a market leading marine fuel provider. The ability to speak Italian and English is essential and the ability to speak French or Greek is desirable.
The Broker will be responsible for the fuel broking, resale and delivery for the marine segment. This position will oversee the development of new customer accounts and penetrating further business with existing customers.
World Fuel Services (WFS) is a global leader in fuel logistics, specialising in the marketing, sale and distribution of marine, aviation and land fuel products and services. We are a Fortune 100 company and this is a unique opportunity to be part of our expanding London based sales team.
The company has a significant presence throughout Europe and there is the opportunity to be based out of one of our European offices.
Core duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage requirements from existing marine customers
- Proactively prospect for new business opportunities from new customers – research and analyse client opportunities and develop/implement action plans for attaining the new busines
- Frequently visit existing and new customers
- Maintain a database of active customer targets and prospects
- Be a reliable point of contact for customer requests and transactions
- Assist in operational/logistic support where needed.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (BACKGROUND AND SKILLS):
- The successful candidate is likely to have in excess of two years’ experience of selling commodities, preferably marine fuel.
- The ability to speak Italian and English.
- An understanding of commodity market dynamics.
- A resilient and tenacious character.
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills are needed in order to interpret market information and competitively price products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A willingness and desire to solicit for new business opportunities from new and existing customers.
- Experience gained as a marine fuel Broker/Trader is desirable.
- A clear understanding of derivatives.
- An understanding of the global shipping industry.
- The ability to speak French and Greek.