This job is no longer available
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Handymax dry bulk ships. We are listed and headquartered in Hong Kong, and our network of 19 offices spans six continents to position us close to customers. Our fleet comprises over 230 vessels and we currently operate in two core maritime sectors under the banners of Pacific Basin Dry Bulk and PB Towage. We employ approximately 2,000 seafarers and a multinational team of over 325 shore-based staff globally.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
Group Head of IT - Hong Kong
• Minimum a Business or Computer science degree from an accredited college or university.
• At least ten years’ experience in IT management including application and infrastructure development.
• Strong experience in translating business requirements/needs to executable IT strategies, plans and investment proposals.
• Proven track record of leadership and management of a team of IT professionals.
• Experience in budgeting and financial management of IT department/function.
• Strong experience in interaction with middle and Senior Management.
• Excellent written and spoken English. Other languages will be welcome.
• Previous working experience in shipowning or shipmanagement companies will be advantageous.
• Reporting to the CEO.
• Work with the CEO, CFO, business unit heads and functional heads to assess and respond pro-actively to the IT needs of the group, and be responsible and accountable for strategy, execution, justification and delivery of all IT initiatives.
• Provide leadership, vision and direction to the IT department, including day to day supervision, performance appraisals, training and delegation of work assignments.
• Develop, execute, and manage value-add computing and IT strategies of the organization.
• Develop and manage relationships with internal customers and external vendors.
• Oversee the design, development and implementation of new applications and infrastructure.
• Evaluate, analyze and communicate IT related investments from a technical and financial point of view.
• Manage a team of nine staff including software engineers, system engineers and system support personnel.
• Responsibility for the continued delivery and development of sound, reliable and cost effective ship-shore and shore-based communications solutions.
• Keep up to date with current and future thinking/concepts in the IT sector.
• Set, implement, maintain and review IT policies across the organization.
• Head the group’s IT committee.
• Other functions consistent with the nature of the position.
Please apply with your résumé and a covering letter to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org by or before 28 February 2013.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.