This job is no longer available
GENERAL JOB INTRODUCTION:
Applications are now being invited from experienced crewing managers to join a well-established market leading business in the UAE. This role requires an individual with previous North Sea recruitment experience who is driven, commercial and a natural leader. You will be responsible for the management of a small team along with compliance, budget management and changeovers.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
An OSV owner operator with a long established history. Currently in aggressive growth mode this is an excellent time to join.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a diploma in Maritime Studies/ Marine Engineering with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must have an excellent understanding of ILO & STCW 95 convention and its amendments. Knowledge of crewing related ISM regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people of different nationality in a professional and tactful manner.
- Confident decision maker with the ability to multitask efficiently.
- Enjoys working to targets in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Able to react quickly on unexpected changes and challenges.
- Proactive, Self-starter and stress-resistant.
- Computer literate: Knowledge of Microsoft office applications such as MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook is essential.
- Ensuring all seafarers are medically fit for working offshore.
- Ensuring all seafarers are certified in accordance with STCW 95 regulations.
- Ensuring that all seafarers have been trained in accordance with the GMS training standards prior to going offshore.
- Abide by all company Health Safety and Environmental rules, regulations and policies.
- Abide by all applicable international and national legislation and regulations.
- Report any known incident or accident to Operations and HR department
- Participate in any HSE reporting programs.
- Observe teamwork.
- Work in professional manner and show respect to company stakeholders at all times.
- Support the achievement of quality and promote performance within the company.
- Be creative in continuous improvement and fast resolution of challenges.
- Work necessary hours in order to meet the demands of the business.
- Educational Qualifications and Training Requirements
Effectively forward plan and manage the offshore crew ensuring availability, safe manning and effect management of crew costs. Ensure no off-hire risks as a result of crewing.
· Ensure compliance with and implementation of ILO and other relevant regulations.
· Ensure all crewing associated costs are controlled within budgetary limits.
· Ensured timely crew changeovers within contractual rational patterns.
· Liaise with recruitment co-ordinator to ensure competent seafarers for vessels and barges are recruited to meet marine, company and client standards.
· Prepares and maintains manning requirement schedules for recruitment purpose and crew management.
· Oversees and reviews the relief program and rotation planning for the fleet and maintains a real time updated crew list of all offshore staff.
· In conjunction with Fleet Managers, ensure all barges and vessel are manned in compliance with International Safety Management Code, STCW 95 standard, client and company requirements.
· Ensure all crew are updated with Marine changes in rules, regulations and guidelines
· Respond quickly to various operational crises; which may include, but are not limited to injury, failure of a crewmember to meet an obligation, failed medical examination, emergency leave, immigration delay, resignation etc.
· Maintain continuous interaction with General Manager UK and Operations Manager UAE to ensure current and future client requirements for recruitment are adhered to and implemented.
· Oversees and organizes the monitoring of crew/officers administration whilst being on board.
· Offshore cost control for trainings, accommodation, man hours, full rotation process and expenses incurred by crewing staff and offshore personnel
· Oversees and reviews annual audits for manning and recruitment agencies
· Attend offshore visits supporting crewing appraisals
· Act as a member of the emergency response team.
· Oversees and implements the necessary offshore training programs as per company’s / charterer’s own standards and ensure documentation compliance.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
Salary of c. £35 - £40k along with accommodation, living allowance and other benefits.