This job is no longer available
About our Client
Our client is a well-known Ro-Ro operator based in the west coast of Scotland. This post will also require international travel on occasion.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be an experienced Chief Engineer or qualified in Naval Architecture or Ship Building.
You will have previous management experience within a shore based role and have significant new build and/or conversion experience.
It is also essential that you have previous Ro-Ro experience, preferably sailing at a senior level.
As you will be managing the Technical team, you should have excellent communication skills and provide advanced leadership knowledge.
The role of the Senior Technical Manager will be to manage all new build projects into the fleet and lead the technical team in charge of the small ferry fleet.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- With your previous new build experience, you will be involved in the approval of technical specifications for new ships ensuring compliancy with Class societies and flag state requirements.
- Attending the shipyard as required by the project for inspections, trials etc
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders regarding the progress of new build projects.
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is recorded for each new build vessel in accordance to both company and governing safety standards.
- Oversee the management of the Technical team for the small ferry fleet and be available to them as required.
A full job description can be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Remuneration Package On Offer
Excellent package + benefits