This job is no longer available
Job Title: Technical Team Leader – Electrical Systems
Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience
Closing date: Friday 29th March 2013
Our client is a well known designer, manufacturer and operator of high speed craft and have built a creditable reputation within their field. Their hovercraft are used in various sectors including military, paramilitary, commercial and rescue sectors.
Summary of role:
· Lead the team to deliver the design output required to adequately populate the Product Data Management System in the Electrical Systems categories of the Product Breakdown Structure to support Workpackages for projects in Production.
· Be the delegated Design Authority for Electrical Systems approving the release of design outputs for the relevant categories of the Product Breakdown Structure.
· Carry out sufficient technical analysis to determine that Electrical Systems designs are fit for purpose and comply with the relevant rules and regulations.
· Submit plans and documentation to Classification Societies and Statutory Authorities to meet project requirements.
· Work with other Technical Team Leaders and the Chief Engineer to develop the Company Product Range and integrate all systems.
· Assist the Operations Manager and Production Team Leaders to understand the technical requirements of the Workpackages.
· Plan the work of the team to ensure that deadlines are met to support Product Development and Production Projects.
· Manage the Electrical Systems Technical Team members.
· Contribute to all phases of the Product Development Process.
· Ensure the team work together to select high quality low cost suppliers and consistent components across the product range.
· Manage the changes required for improvement of Electrical Systems.
· Champion the development of a team culture of identifying cost and labour saving ideas and work with all other teams to evaluate realistic opportunities and get them adopted when agreed.
· Ensure that adequate Quality controls and procedures are defined in the Workpackages to reduce re-work and failures.
Required qualifications and key skills:
· Excellent influencing and team working skills.
· A demonstrable record of successfully leading continual improvement in a production environment.
· Great attention to detail with complex problems to ensure that outputs are accurate.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Qualified as a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or be in the process of gaining sufficient experience to apply.
· Minimum of BEng preferably MEng degree in Electrical Engineering or similar subject.
Please Note: All non European Nationals must have a valid permit to work in the European Union.
If you would like further details on this role or to be considered please apply or contact one of our consultants directly on 02380 225454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full list of all our available vacancies please visit www.clydemarineconsultants.com