Marine Assurance Superintendent
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Marine Assurance Superintendent to join our client in Grangemouth. Although based in Grangemouth the Marine Assurance Team supports the marine activities for the business worldwide.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of chemical and oil products and enjoy their position as one of the world’s largest chemical groups with global sales exceeding $50 billion.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- A Class 1 Marine Certificate of Competency or Degree in Nautical Science is essential together with experience on tankers and gas carriers & extensive (>10yrs) seagoing experience in a senior position.
- Possess or be expected to gain a ship inspection qualification under OCIMF SIRE Scheme
- The Marine Assurance Superintendent will have extensive operational, technical and safety knowledge of chemical, oil and gas tanker operations through serving on such vessels and/or being previously employed in an appropriate ship or terminal management position ashore.
- Gas tanker experience in a Senior Officer role is essential.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to make wise decisions.
- Good team player with the ability to contribute to solving demanding operational problems.
Please note you must be eligible to work in the UK
Assess and approve vessels to transport petrochemicals, oils and gasses by sea and inland waterways for the business in compliance with company policies, national and international regulations whilst meeting business logistics requirements.
- Delivering marine strategies to meet annual HSE, availability and cost targets.
- Vet seagoing vessels and barges per annum for company use worldwide.
- Port Clear seagoing vessels for company use worldwide
- Interface with 14 different internal businesses with operating centres worldwide.
- Assist with the development and delivery of the Marine Assurance Service (IMAS) standards and procedures to effectively manage the risks associated with marine shipping operations that address the acceptability of ships and barges.
- Develop good networking relationships with numerous businesses to enhance their marine operations.
- Maintain and monitor the IMAS Ship Vetting, Barge Vetting, Port Information and Port Clearance Databases to ensure they are always kept current thus allowing the business to make optimum use of these.
- Provide marine technical and operational support to the Grangemouth site.
- Conduct ship inspections to an identified industry standard and produce formal reports with recommendations for distribution to and evaluation by International users.
- Conduct owner/operator audits to evaluate and improve service provision from these suppliers.
- Deputise for the European Barge Assurance Superintendent / Senior Marine Assurance Superintendent as and when required
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
Competitive salary + generous benefits package, including competitive pension plan