Safety, Security and Environment Supervisor - UK
My client is looking for a Safety, Security and Environment Supervisor to join their team.
Please see below for a description of role;
- Responsible for the good management of ISO 14001 certification for their vessels.
- Investigate accidents in order to identify the causes and put in place some corrective/preventive actions.
- Participate in the rules/regulation monitoring.
- Assist the DPA/CSO Coordinator in the implementation, control, follow-up of the Group procedures within the companies of the Group.
- Responsible for the internal audits of his vessels. Assist in any other internal audit, at the request of the DPA.
- Replace his colleague while not in the office at the request of the DPA-CSO.
- Assist the DPA-CSO in his SSE responsibilities with his assigned fleet.
- Ensure the implementation/update of the SSE Management System and the Ship Security Management System of his assigned fleet (new buildings and operational fleet).
- Responsible for the ISM-ISPS-MLC flag survey organization and follow-up.
- Ensure good communication between the departments ashore and the vessels.
- Be the contact point of the flag administrations and the classification societies (RSO) for ISM-ISPS-MLC matters and ISO 14001 certification.
- Responsible for the follow-up of the corrective actions for the notifications, the safety meeting reports and all the other tools.
- Issue KPIs for his whole activity to the DPA/CSO.
- Participate in the Emergency Response Team in case of emergency situations, as per the Group organization.
- Ensure trainings of shore and ship staff, at the request of the management.
- Responsible for the safety/security certifications of the vessels and the companies. Assist the DPA-CSO.
- Ensure through internal audits, inspections, and day-to-day work follow-up, that his assigned vessels are properly manned, maintained, equipped and in a seaworthy condition.
- Is in charge of supporting the vessel as necessary during the assessment process, of keeping records, and of checking the implementation of the Risk Assessment during internal audits.
- Is responsible for establishing and animating the preventive actions in coordination with concerned parties within our clients Ships (Fleet Superintendent, Purchaser, Vessel, Line, Management…).”
- Merchant Navy Officer with deep sea experience essential.
- Shore side Shipping industry experience in ship management/P&I/operations or similar beneficial.
- Thorough working knowledge of ISM, ISPS, MLC and ISO standards essential.
- You must have a pre-existing work entitlement.
- OOW or EOOW Certificate of Competency is a minimum requirement.
- Higher education in Nautical Science or similar expected.
FLAGSHIP MANAGEMENT = MARITIME JOBS
WE ARE MARITIME PROFESSIONALS - MARITIME RECRUITMENT AND MARITIME EXECUTIVE SEARCH IS OUR BUSINESS