Head of Production (3462)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
We have an excellent opportunity for an outstanding Head of Production to be part of a famous Scottish shipyard.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
We are looking for a passionate, positive & resilient individual with the ability to think big and a positive, can -do attitude. You will possess an excellent communication skill set and be capable of driving this business forward with the support of your team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced marine professional to lead and deliver change in this exciting reinvention of the yard.
- Dynamic leader who can inspire the workforce with their motivational leadership;
- A ‘can do, will do’ attitude;
- Commercially focussed;
- Excellent communicator at all levels with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure within a high performance environment;
- Self-confident and decisive despite pressure and ever changing priorities;
- Open to new ideas, technologies and willing to challenge the status quo;
- Numerate with the ability to analyse information to support business decisions;
- Ability to challenge and drive business improvements in all areas of ownership;
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement techniques;
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent.
- People management, development and workforce planning;
- Production planning;
- Leading production management in respect of cost, quality and on-time delivery;
- Promoting continuous improvement (setting and delivering on KPI’s);
- Ownership of all manufacturing activities on site and delivering operational excellence;
- Increasing customer satisfaction and identify ways in which improvement can be measured both qualitative and quantitative;
- Manage the delivery of all facilities and production management activities in an innovative, cost effective & efficient manner;
- Ensure a safe working environment that is fully compliant with and conform to H&S legislation;
- Take ownership and responsibility for all facility production functions including but not restricted to the slips, the fitting out quay, craneage, steel cutting and bending machinery, the engineering and pipework shops and the site buildings;
- To ensure that the levels of service delivered exceeds both the internal and external customers’ expectations whilst meeting the agreed financial budgets;
- Develop a planned maintenance programme to eliminate production down time and also create an audit programme;
- Maximising yield and driving efficiency savings;
- Setting and managing performance targets;
- Performance management of all supervisory staff including Project Managers.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.