URGENT REQUIREMENT!! Chartering & Operations Manager
4 days left
- Contract Type
Our client is a large industrial company currently expanding in local, regional and international markets. They wish to identify an experienced vessel operations manager with chartering experience to take up a position in their Bangkok headquarters and contribute to the development and enhancement of the company's operations and chartering activities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Managing an operations team made up of predominantly local employees
- Maximising the utiisation of the company's fleet and managing any chartered-in/out activity
- Maximising the voyage profits and managing voyage costs
- Maintaining a current market knowledge and ensuring this intelligence is communicated across the team and to other relevant parties
- Establishing, developing and improving chartering and operations strategy
- Standardising the charterparty and developing the company's own rider clauses
- Developing clear chartering and operations processes including: preparation of voyage orders and discharge orders, building up database of terminals, monitoring discrepancies between ship and shore, monitor voyages, demurrage claims, etc.
- Develop COA opportunities
- Expanding the company's network of brokers/owners and charterers.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, training and skillsets:
- 7+ years’ experience in vessel chartering, shipping operations and handling of chartering contracts
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal
- Experience working in an Asian business environment.
- Strong negotiation skills, both internal and external
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to nuture, develop and motivate a team in an Asian business environment.
- Ability to work to targets in a fast-moving environment
In return you can expect an excellent career with good compensation in a large industrial firm, with benefits that include a low tax and extremely low cost location, office gym/pool/spa, pension and health insurance.
Apply for URGENT REQUIREMENT!! Chartering & Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly