4 days left
- Job Category
- HR & Admin
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
We are recruiting for a Personnel Officer (Ferries) to join a small team dedicated to supporting offshore seafaring staff, with responsibility for development, appraisals, welfare, absence and other personnel requirements
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
A large ship-owner/manager with international presence and excellent opportunities for career development globally.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Minimum of 2 SQA Highers or equivalent
- Experience working within an office environment.
- Recruitment experience including visa processes.
- Seagoing HR experience
- Knowledge of marine ranks and certifications
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Good team player
- Confidence and self-projection
- Effective stress and time management
- University Degree preferably in HR or Business related discipline.
- Experience working for a marine company
- Marine industry regulatory and certification legislation including ISM, STCW and MLC 2006
- Direct liaison with temporary Crew regarding assignment, any personal issues, payroll queries or requirements
- Monitor Vessel rosters ensuring NMMS supply temporary crew as required for the operation of the vessels.
- Maintain officer scheduling for assigned fleets, ensuring compliance with charterers matrix and vessels budget
- Maintenance of employee records
- Direct liaison together with HR Officer, operations and technical departments on manning issues
- Liaison with the operations / technical departments and where applicable Senior Management and/or Client regarding the assignment of personnel aboard company managed vessels.
- Attend and input to operational meetings, reporting as and when required.
- Liaison with the training department to ensure officers attend training courses as required
- Participate in the on-call roster for out of hour’s coverage, offered by the personnel department.
- Ensuring all employee documentation and certification requirements and ensuring the necessary compliance is maintained
- Have understanding of Marine Industry regulatory and certification legislation including but not limited to ISM Code, STCW and MLC 2006.
- Other tasks, administrative duties and ad hoc project related work as directed.
- Carrying out visits to vessels on a regular basis to meet key personnel
- Input into weekly and monthly reporting
- Identify vacancy requirements and liaising with NMF recruitment and Marine resource department.
- Routine communication with the external manning agents and liaising with external manning agents on crew being assigned to company’s vessels.
- Assist with the full cycle of recruitment, in the Recruitment Officers absence.
- You may be asked from time to time be asked to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
Competitive salary and benefits package
Apply for Personnel Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly