7 days left
- Contract Type
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages transportation services to facilitate the movement of dry bulk products to customers around the globe.
- Oversees day to day chartering activities including running voyage calculations, negotiating voyage charters, time charters, and COAs.
- Works with operations team to maximize voyage results.
- Prepares freight market reports and analysis.
- Supports internal network of traders with freight rates, contract review, and market information.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external customers and brokers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience. Fluent in English and preferably another language.
- Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner, proven ability to work effectively within a multi-national team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in maritime, trade, or related discipline, or similar status through experience.
- 1-3 years chartering experience with demonstrated success.
- Permitted to work in USA or EU.
- Familiarity with oil majors operating policies and in-refinery services.
- Independent judgment and decision making ability.
- Knowledge of port operations, barging, documentation, and inland logistics for bulk materials.
- Typically sits or stands for extended amount of time in front of a computer.
- May be required to move about to coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed instructions to other workers.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Carbon LLC is an EOE/ADA employer
Apply for Chartering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly