International Crewing & Labor Relations Manager - USA
International Crewing & Labor Relations Manager - US Citizens or Green Card Only
- Provide management of the Marine Personnel department that supports all Internationally Flagged and globally operated ships, encompassing as many as 1000 + sailors in the course of a year.
- This includes providing qualified and capable crew aboard (30+) ships at all times, possibly in less than 24 hours notice.
- Coordinate with seafarer unions on everyday crewing matters.
- Primary point of contact for contract administration, negotiation, and dispute resolution with the International Maritime Unions and hiring agencies of international seamen.
- Coordinate training as required.
- Maintain accurate, current, and comprehensive database and personnel records.
- Provide detailed written reports.
- Support Director, Fleet Operations & Labor Relations as required.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Background or experience in Human Resources or Finance is a plus.
- Marine background is a plus, preferably knowledge of maritime industry and marine personnel regulations
- Understanding of the international shipping regulations, IMO, SOLAS, etc.
- Experience working with unions and labor management.
- Ideal candidate must be detail oriented, process driven, possess excellent analytical, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills, willing and able to multitask in a fast paced dynamic environment, and highly proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Working knowledge of Russian language is extremely helpful