Commercial Operations Manager (Tankers), Dubai
Halcyon is working exclusively with this international trading and shipping company with a global footprint. Due to continued growth they are looking to hire a Commercial Operations Manager for their office in Dubai.
Our client owns a fleet of tankers that are third party managed and is looking for someone that can effectively be the link between the management companies and commercial operations. Ideally you will have experience working as an Operations Manager for a ship owner whose ships are third party managed and/or have worked in a similar capacity for a ship manager.
- Liaise with and control the third party ship managers
- Have financial control of the managers budget and actual expense
- Voyage related operations such as agency nomination, bunker procurement and control of Captains decisions
- Optimization of voyages, bunker saving, selection of route and improvement of procedures
- Assessment and control of crew
- Sailed as Chief Officer or Master on tankers
- Ideally 5 years experience ashore in ship operations
- Strong technical knowledge
- Ability to make decisions in critical situations
- Hard working and dedicated
- Ability to delegate and work as a team player
Our client is offering an attractive tax free salary for the right candidate who can demonstrate that they have all of the above attributes and experience and are looking to interview as soon as possible. Please apply herewith or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and to find out more.