Global Breakbulk Sales Manager
Höegh Autoliners is one of the world’s leading Ro/Ro operators, offering transportation for a wide range of cargo and is carrying close to 4.5 million cubic meters of high and heavy and breakbulk cargoes annually, including trucks, buses, boats, agricultural equipment, construction equipment, breakbulk and project cargo to destinations worldwide.
Höegh Autoliners operates approximately 50 vessels in 12 trade routes in global trade systems alone or in partnerships, with about 3,000 port calls annually. We are also engaged in regional trade directly or in Joint Ventures in Europe and the Americas, engaging 16 vessels in 7 regional trade routes.
Höegh Autoliners has its head office in Oslo and manages a global network of around 20 offices, owner's representatives and agents. The Company has approximately 440 employees ashore and 1400 seafarers. Höegh Autoliners is privately owned by Leif Höegh & Co (61.25 per cent) and A.P.Møller – Maersk (38.75 per cent)
Höegh Autoliners in Oslo is seeking a Global Breakbulk Sales Manager who will drive initiatives for consistent profitable growth in breakbulk sales revenue in line with company breakbulk strategy. The Global Breakbulk Sales Manager will support the Head of Global Breakbulk Sales in the drive to identify new business, structure global breakbulk sales initiatives and coordinate strategic breakbulk tenders.
- Responsibility for specific customer portfolio and commodities.
- Ensure a global structured Breakbulk Sales approach and that all sales processes, policies and procedures support company breakbulk strategy
- Participate in the development, implementation and follow-up of all breakbulk sales activities
- Support the development of the brand and capabilities of the company and the service deliverance to the customers
- Identify new opportunities, develop new client relationships and create business proposals
- Oversee strategic breakbulk tenders and negotiations
- Assist in planning, facilitate and execute strategic business planning process across all regions
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business or Maritime
- Minimum five years of experience within the shipping industry with proven ability to deliver result
- Commercial or operational experience from the shipping industry and Ro/Ro or Breakbulk segment
- The successful candidate should preferably have experience from direct sales and or from commercial activities.
- Preferably good network and experience from the breakbulk segment.
- Ability to drive results; take initiative, conclude and execute
- Analytical, structured and solutions oriented
- Strong forward-thinking attitud
- Ability to inspire and motivate people to achieve commercial goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship Builder
- Excellent communication skills in an international environment
- High level of integrity
- Demanding and rewarding tasks in an international work environment
- A challenging position
- Career opportunities within a strong and well-respected shipping Company
Work Location: Oslo
Deadline for application: 1st March 2017
Please reference “Global Breakbulk Sales Manager” in the subject Field
Oskar Orstadius, Head of Global Breakbulk Sales, +47 40039618