General Manager: Container Operator - Brunei
Our client is looking for a General Manager for their container feeder company. The successful candidate will have previous operations management experience with a container shipping firm in the Asia-Pacific region.
The General Manager manages, directs and implements operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the division’s goals.
Duties included but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the operations function concurrent with business growth, meeting division financial objectives, and meeting division goals in relation to safety, quality, and service.
- Conceive, research, plan, target and control costs and manpower while maximizing quality service and revenue.
- Manage and assist in coordinating effort between support departments within the organization.
- Responsible for Profit and Loss statements
- Achievement of monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals as set forth in the budget.
- Establishes, prepares, implements, and revises operational policies and procedures related to the division while adhering to the company policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, and recommends effective personnel action.
- A background in container operations is essential.
- 5 years management experience in a similar business.
- Must have sound administrative skills, well-developed management skills with principles and people.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Must also have quick accurate judgment, be highly organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent analytical and numerical skills, and the ability to formulate and communicate directions to subordinate employees.
- Must be assertive and performs well under pressure while providing top-notch customer service to all customers.
|n return for the above our client is offering a competitive salary and compensation package.
FLAGSHIP MANAGEMENT = MARITIME JOBS
WE ARE MARITIME PROFESSIONALS - MARITIME RECRUITMENT AND MARITIME EXECUTIVE SEARCH IS OUR BUSINESS
More search results
SeaRiver Planning & Strategy Commercial Analyst
SeaRiver Maritime, Inc
Content Sales Executive
Environmental Coordinator - Cruise (Permanent)
Vice President - Environmental - Cruise (Permanen…
Senior Chartering Manager / Chartering Director