Terminal Operations Manager - Ireland
Our client is a leading owner/operator looking to identify an experienced RoRo operations candidate for its Irish terminal. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful and well-established owner.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a small but busy shore-based operations team including:
- Personnel management: setting schedules, performance reviews, etc
- Financial management: monitoring and maintaining operations budgets, cost management and performance.
- Technical management: providing shore-based technical management support alongside technical superintendents managing vessels.
- Liaising with and troubleshooting ship- and shoreside issues affecting the smooth operations of the companies transport activities
- Acting as the principal decision-maker on issues affecting clients
- Providing on-the-ground leadership for the company's terminal operations in Ireland and liaising with overseas counterparts
- Coordinating and providing clear communications to customers, the vessel management, shore-based management team and company management
- Providing regular reporting to the company management
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Chief Engineer with RoRo experience
- Excellent communications skills, must enjoy interaction with a wide scope of stakeholders
- Previous experience managing a similar busy operation is essential
- Strong leadership skills
This is a high profile position in the company and the compensation and benefits reflect the importance of this role.
FLAGSHIP MANAGEMENT = MARITIME JOBS
WE ARE MARITIME PROFESSIONALS - MARITIME RECRUITMENT AND MARITIME EXECUTIVE SEARCH IS OUR BUSINESS