Job Title: Vessel Operations Coordinator (VOC)
Role overview: Koch Shipping Pte Ltd., located in Singapore is the marine transportation group of Koch
Supply & Trading. As a Vessel Operations Coordinator (VOC), you will be part of a team that
directly supports supply and trading activities involving physical movements of cargo over the water. The VOC role is by nature fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging. In order to be successful in this role, an individual must be able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances, must be accurate and timely in their communications, and must be comfortable in a culture that expects challenge and debate. In addition, this role involves support of world-wide operations that operate continuously and in multiple time zones. Work outside of normal business hours will be required on occasion.
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of the VOC is to ensure incident free execution of world-wide
dry bulk ship voyage charters and to optimize vessel performance.
As a VOC, you will work directly with traders, chartering personnel, and others that will rely on you to provide detailed dry bulk operations expertise in areas such as:
• Assessing vessel and voyage capability
• Assessing risk associated with a specific vessel use
• Interacting with in-transit vessels as necessary to help achieve a desired voyage outcome.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for someone with dry bulk marine operations experience who desires to apply that experience to the commercial aspects of our marine transportation business.
Skills/Knowledge: Required Experience:
• A Chief Mates License with employment sailing as a deck officer.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office products
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Work experience scheduling / coordinating cape size dry bulk marine vessel movements or operations
• Sea time sailing as Chief Mate or Master on dry bulk vessels.
• Experience using Veson IMOS
Personal • High attention to detail
Characteristics: • Good organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate issues and solutions and deal with people at all levels.
• Good team player.
• Proactive and good problem solving skills – able to identify potential issues and propose solutions• Strong analytical skills