Faststream are working with a leading towage and offshore provider to recruit a Junior Operator for their UK office.
As an Operations Assistant you will be responsible for providing operational support to deliver towage services accordingly. You will find that in this role you will occasionally be travelling to other parts of the UK as well as other locations internationally. This role starts on a 2 days on, 3 days off rota with 24/7 coverage. Once the full training process is completed then you will be in an office-based 12 hour shift rota working on 8 week cycles.
The responsibilities include:
- Arranging and scheduling the logistics of all vessels efficiently to deliver the best service.
- Working alongside the commercial team to share information and establish agreements with clients to maximise revenue.
- Establish and maintain relationships as well as frequently coordinate with the port authority, harbour masters and pilots – including any other port stakeholders.
- Take part in the agreed rotational system to ensure that full 24 hour coverage for operations and emergency service is available.
- Coordinate with crew to maintain rotas and to make sure that the relevant working time legislation is fully complied with.
- Process invoice information for operations and keep a record of all work performed accurately.
This is a position for a highly motivated individual who is looking to get themselves into the shipping industry by working for a market leader in this field. There is a great deal of time invested into the training and development of the professionals in order to ensure they are a successful and integral member of the team.
For an entry role into the industry, the base salary offered is highly competitive. There is a bonus scheme as well as pension and healthcare provided.
In order to apply for this role you must have UK working entitlement.
More search results
Research Director, London
Simpson Spence Young
Tanker Operations - Denmark (Permanent)
Operations and Claims Executive (Permanent)
Head of Procurement (Denmark)
Senior Process Safety Consultant (LNG), England
Halcyon Recruitment Ltd.