Specialised Products Market Analyst
Clarksons, the world’s leading integrated shipping services group, has an exciting opportunity for a numerate graduate to join the Specialised Products (SP) Market Analysis team.
Working in the Clarksons Platou office in Singapore, this will afford the opportunity to work as part of the global SP Analysis team, analysing the global SP trades along with the SP tanker market developments.
Tasks will include:
- Understanding our business objectives and working alongside Clarksons Platou Singapore SP brokers, providing market analysis both internally to brokers and externally to clients
- Supporting the management to deliver and also delivering frequent presentations and bespoke market analysis to Clarksons Platou clients in Singapore and other countries in Asia
- Working as part of the SP Analyst team, including liaising with colleagues in London and Dubai, in maintaining key databases and presentation slide packs that underpin the work of the team
- Developing specific regional SP market analysis for the East of Suez markets with the focus being on the East Asia and Australia markets
- Creating and maintaining a network with a wide range of key internal and external stakeholders in the region and globally
- Preparing, editing and distributing market reports
- Attending and participating in conferences
- Continually looking at ways to improve our internal systems, data collection and the delivery of our analysis
The successful candidate should have the following skill set:
- Highly numerate
- Computer literate (including MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- To possess genuine interest, initiative and resourcefulness to understand what information is important then disseminate this information to the key stakeholders in a proactive manner
- To take complex data and themes and translate this into easily understood analysis for the relevant audience(s)
- To work in a diverse team
- Have a very strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Have the ability to identify and resolve issues with conflicting data
- Be able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining the strong focus on accuracy
- Have excellent communication skills, being fluent in written and spoken English
- Preference will be given to candidates who are fluent in or have a strong command of Mandarin Chinese and written Chinese
- Preferred candidates will also have prior experience in tanker market analysis or other shipping or commodities market analysis
- Candidates will need to be able to work both independently and as a team player in the global SP Analyst Team
- Candidates should be comfortable with and have experience in delivering presentations
We offer an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of teamwork, and the opportunity to play an important role in our growth.
Interested candidates should contact our Careers team directly, with a CV and covering letter at Careers.Singapore@clarksons.com quoting reference Job Application for Specialised Products Market Analyst in the subject line of their email.