A fantastic opportunity to work for a leading tanker shipowner, heading up and managing all company insurances on a global basis. You will ensure marine and non-marine insurances for assets and liabilities are in place to protect the business from financial losses.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Identify company insurance requirements to meet business objectives and analyse risk associated with policies
- Conduct market analysis for competitiveness and work with strategic insurance partners to develop and implement new insurance coverages or enhance existing ones
- Negotiate with insurers
- Manage a significant group insurance budget
- Monitor and maintain P&I, loss ratio accounts, war risk policies etc
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements & guidelines
- Build and conduct insurance awareness programmes within the company
- Assist with claims management
- Maintain insurance data for management reporting purposes
To be suitable for this opportunity you must have a proven background within the marine insurance sector, with:
- A strong working knowledge in all classes of general insurance but particularly within corporate and shipping related insurances.
- You will preferably have claims and/or underwriting experience.
- Experience managing large budgets
- Leadership experience - you must have previously managed a team
- Good knowledge of insurance contractual interpretations and numerical analysis
- Well versed in compliance requirements within the insurance markets
- Good network/awareness of the shipping insurance/broker network
Unrestricted UK working entitlement is essential.