Our client is a leading tanker owner and operator, as an Insurance Executive you will coordinate all aspects of insurance placement. This will include renewals for marine and corporate insurances, updates required for fleet changes, reviewing current covers and assisting with recommendations on changes, enhancements and competitiveness. You will ensure all documentation is valid and up to date, you will support and advise the Operations and Chartering departments on all insurance related matters including war risk and loss of hire.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Supporting the Manager with the insurance renewal process
- Negotiate premium costs, ensuring cost savings are identified, liaise with brokers as required
- Update insurance budget with actual and projected figures
- Liaise with the technical department on newbuilds, identify and ensure adequate insurance cover is in place
- Create and maintain SOP’s for the insurance department
- Conduct annual vessel valuations of the fleet to ensure H&M values are in line with market and net book values
- Monitor insured values and policy limits and recommend amendments to policies as required
- Attend and host meetings with external parties such as brokers and insurers.
To be suitable for this position you must be currently working within the marine/shipping insurance sector with a strong knowledge and understanding of marine related insurance coverage.
You should be able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines, this is a very administrative led position so organisation and attention to detail is vital.
All applicants must be based within commuting distance of London and have existing and unrestricted UK working entitlement.