SHIP TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT
An immediate vacancy exists for a Technical Superintendent with a Singapore based Ship Manager operating a small fleet of geared handy size bulk carriers and self-discharging cement carriers, to be posted at their liaison office at Colombo Sri Lanka.
Candidates must possess the following :
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar capacity with a reputed ship manager
- Possessing a Class 1 Certificate of Competency as a Marine Engineering Officer
- Minimum of two years sea going experience as Chief Engineer
- Thorough knowledge of the requirements of applicable Maritime conventions
The chosen candidate will:
- Directly report to the CEO
- Be responsible for the maintenance and repairs of the vessels, setting maintenance standards and performance criteria for vessels in conjunction with shipboard management.
- Closely follow up on vessel’s planned maintenance system
- Advance planning to ensure dry-docking’s are effectively planned and efficiently executed
- Manage subordinates and hold regular meetings with them on good, safe practices as well as company management policies and procedures
- Overseeing crew selection and ensuring compliance with contracts
- Ensure compliance with IMO, Class and Flag state requirements
- Monitor the repairs, spares, stores ordered and supplied and that the vessels are kept within allocated budgets
- Manage the planned maintenance system and technical department personnel
- Carry out regular visits to the vessels and report on findings
Age & Experience
- 45 years and above. 10 years’ experience in similar field
- Experience in handling similar vessels and a stint with a dockyard and/or a Class society would be an added advantage.