Experienced Handy / Supramax Dry Cargo Broker
We are looking for an experienced dry cargo broker or principal to join our growing Handy/ Supra desk. It will be a varied role but primarily focusing on building and servicing the local trading houses in Geneva and Switzerland. These companies have some of the highest volumes in the World so there is significant potential for the right candidate to fix large amounts of business, mostly in the Atlantic markets. The working environment is fast paced, dynamic and exiting, and there is potential for high rewards and career progression.
- Day to day you will be responsible for servicing our local traders based in Geneva and Switzerland, predominately in the Atlantic.
- Marketing cargoes and tonnage externally to customers/ shippers/ charterers
- Instigate, arrange and negotiate spot fixtures as well as COA's and Period charters
- Use the extensive Clarksons network and team to tap into relevant spot cargoes, tonnage, COA's and period tonnage as well as other suitable opportunities to benefit your clients
- Engage in extensive client relationship building locally and overseas
- Work in Clarksons overseas offices from time to time
- Assist the operations department in any issues
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all relevant charter party forms and client standard terms.
- Represent Clarksons to highest standards
- At least two years dry cargo broking or principal experience
- Have a proven track record of fixing/ concluding high volumes of business
- Be a strong and willing team player
- Hungry and tenacious
- Commercially and bright minded
- Keen to be living overseas in a cosmopolitan environment
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Socially capable to interact with clients from all cultures both face to face and on the phone
- Computer literate (e.g. MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word)
- Have excellent communication skills, being fluent in written and spoken English and ideally, French
- Competitive remuneration package, bonus structure, medical and pension
- Relocation assistance from overseas
- Exciting, fast-paced working environment
- A culture of teamwork and the opportunity to play an important role in a rapidly growing desk
- Career progression within Geneva and elsewhere across other Clarksons offices
More search results
New Business Manager (Permanent)
Sales Manager- France (Permanent)
Chartering Manager / Dry Bulk / Spain
Junior Consultant, Singapore
Halcyon Recruitment Ltd.
Vice President Technical and Nautical Operations …