Operations Team Leader – Post Fixture : Rotterdam
Clarksons Platou, the world’s leading integrated shipping services group has an exciting opportunity for a Tanker Operator, based in Rotterdam. We are looking for experienced candidates with the drive, ambition and commitment to expand our Specialised Products team in Rotterdam.
The successful candidate will lead the Operations team and be required to manage spot and contractual shipments for a variety of charterers and owners in the barging and the seagoing petrochemical and vegetable oil trades. Ideally we look to employ someone with experience in one or more of these sectors.
- Managing shipments from the point of fixture until completion of the voyage, providing regular and timely updates to customers.
- Managing Demurrage Claims and providing guidance to key customers as and when required.
- Producing key performance indicators on a monthly basis in order to analyse the performance of Contracts of Affreightment.
- Offering advice and guidance to owners and charterers in order resolve and prevent disputes.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an operator in the tanker and/or European inland tanker market.
- Familiarity with the petrochemical or vegetable oil trades and/or European Inland tanker market
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise daily workload effectively and simultaneously manage multiple shipments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in Dutch and English, spoken and written, would be preferable