Senior Oceanographic Engineer
Our client, a leader in ocean renewable technology, is looking for an Oceanographic Engineer.
In this role you will lead a resource assessment team closely working with research and development and the operations teams.
The role will involve the supervision of the team for analysis and presentation of the following :
- Oceanographic data from Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP) site surveys
- Geophysical survey datasets
- Outputs from a range of numerical models
- Performance data from tidal turbines
- Open-Centre Turbine Load Specifications
The successful candidate must have the following:
- A degree or higher in an engineering related discipline.
- At least 4 years' experience carrying out data analysis with MATLAB.
- Extensive knowledge of metocean analysis techniques.
- Excellent writing and presentations skills.
- Understanding of Geographic Information Systems.
- Experience leading a team of junior engineers.
- Working knowledge of geophysical survey and data processing techniques.
- Good understanding of geophysical/ oceanographic wave and current models.
- Working knowledge of Python and other programming languages.
- Experience working with tidal stream energy industry.
In return the successful candidate can expect an attractive salary package and benefits competitive to the market and the opportunity to work in an international environment with a dynamic team.
FLAGSHIP MANAGEMENT = MARITIME JOBS
WE ARE MARITIME PROFESSIONALS - MARITIME RECRUITMENT AND MARITIME EXECUTIVE SEARCH IS OUR BUSINESS