Technical Superintendent (Bulk Carrier, Hong Kong)
Technical Superintendent (Bulk Carrier, Based in Hong Kong)
The Wallem Group delivers maritime solutions. Our trusted reputation for delivering services to the maritime industry has been established over 110 years through our network of 49 offices across the globe. Today we deliver integrated solutions around the globe across Ship Management, Ship Agency, Ship Broking, Commercial Vessel Management, Freight & Logistics as well as innovative BPO and IT services.
Being the 2016 HKMA Award Winner for Excellence in Training & Development, our people are at the core of these solutions, delivering quality services with the highest level of friendly professionalism. And we constantly seek to sustain our industry leadership by creating a place where our people can develop and are respected.
Ensure nominated vessels are Maintained & Operated in line with Statutory Instruments, Company Policy & Safety Management System, Industry Best Practice & Vessel Owners Requirements
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Act as the single point of accountability, monitoring all onboard activities and providing Technical & Operational Guidance and Support to the Master & crew of nominated vessels as required
- Ensure Safety & Environmental Compliance with respect to Statutory Regulations, Company Policy & Safety Management System, Industry Best Practice and owner’s requirements are given the highest priority by both the shore and vessels staff
- Closely monitor and support all operations onboard nominated vessels, providing assurance that they are undertaken in full Compliance with Statutory Regulations, Company Policy & Safety Management System, Industry Best Practice and owner’s requirements, whilst meeting efficiency & economic expectations
- Act as Client/Owners point of contact ensuring the highest level of customer Service & Satisfaction are maintained whilst also protecting the Wallem brand and our employees from risk
Competencies & Qualification
- Engineer Officer Qualification, with First Class Chief Engineers Motor license from an IMO white list country being preferred
- Candidates with a Post Graduate Degree in Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture/Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline may be considered
- Have a minimum of 5 years sailing experience as Chief Engineer or similar position in Marine Industry
- Good Knowledge of Marine Regulations and Industry Statutory Instruments
- Demonstrate Safety & Compliance based approach to Technical Operations
- Ability to communicate at a good level in both spoken and written English
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and effective delegation in all situations
Wallem offers competitive remuneration and benefits. We strongly encourage the growth of our people and support professional development.
If you have initiative, self motivation, adaptability and a willingness to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you. Please email us in strict confidence, attaching your resume, expected salary and complete contact details at email@example.com.
(Personal data collected will be kept under strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only)
More search results
SeaRiver Planning & Strategy Commercial Analyst
SeaRiver Maritime, Inc
Content Sales Executive
Environmental Coordinator - Cruise (Permanent)
Vice President - Environmental - Cruise (Permanen…
Senior Chartering Manager / Chartering Director