Fleet Operations Superintendent (petrochemicals), London
A market leading shipowner operating a sizeable fleet within the petrochemicals sector is currently looking for a Fleet Operations Superintendent to join their experienced team located in London.
This opportunity sits within their commercial operations department and reports directly to the Operations Manager and will be the key link/liaison between the operations and technical management departments. This position will mainly oversee the cargo operations across the fleet including but not limited to cargo tank preparations, cargo cooling operations, loading / discharging, grade changing etc.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Overseeing the cargo operations of the fleet and work together with the vessel operators to ensure best industry as well as company practises are being followed.
- Providing expertise knowledge and assistance to the whole operations team with regards to cargo handling and voyage route optimisation from a nautical point of view.
- Acting as a strong link between the operations department and the technical department
- Being a key member of the performance monitoring team regarding cargo and voyage optimisation.
Due to the specific requirements of this position, you must have;
- Sailed as either Chief Officer or Master on board vessels transporting petrochemicals
- Strong petrochemical knowledge is essential
- Shore based experience would be preferable, however candidates with solid experience directly from sea will also be considered
- Strong communication skills, with a good attention to detail