DIRECTOR, TREASURY - HONG KONG
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are listed and headquartered in Hong Kong, and our network of 12 offices spans six continents to position us close to customers around the world. Our fleet comprises over 200 vessels and we employ approximately 3,000 seafarers and a multinational team of 330 shore-based staff globally.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
DIRECTOR, TREASURY - HONG KONG BASED
- A masters’ degree holder in finance/accounting, corporate treasury or related disciplines;
- Membership of HKICPA, ACCA or other equivalent international accounting associations will be an advantage;
- At least 15 years’ finance/treasury experience at sizeable companies, preferably publicly listed;
- International experience (outside Hong Kong) will be an advantage;
- Experience in the shipping industry is not mandatory;
- Proven hands-on experience in dealing and negotiating with banks and financial institutions;
- Proven experience in executing complex financial transactions including sale and leasebacks, financial derivatives and equity-linked financing, etc.;
- Sound knowledge of treasury / finance processes and systems including implementation and integration;
- Resourceful, detail-oriented, ability to work independently with good problem solving and organization skills;
- Good command of spoken and written English, and confident in dealing with external parties and different levels of staff internally.
- Report to CFO, leading a team of ten;
- Oversee diverse treasury management operations in capital sourcing, investment management, cash management, compliance with covenants and company policies and procedures as well as other regulatory requirements;
- Provide strategic leadership;
- Create and implement new strategies to improve operational efficiency and expand access to capital;
- Lead and execute finance / treasury projects and financial transactions;
- Negotiate and liaise with banks, financial institutions and other relevant parties in terms of financing and transactions;
- Collaborate across business lines to further operational objectives;
- Formulate and execute financial risk management strategies;
- Maintain strong working relationships with external and internal stakeholders;
- Ad hoc projects from time to time.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your business performance, but on the basis of your business behaviour as well. Cultural fit with the company is of paramount importance to us. Attractive remuneration will be offered to the chosen candidate. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We only accept CVs in pdf format.
(Application deadline: 24 September 2017)
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.