Bunker Trading Analyst - UK
Bunker Trading Analyst (London).
Our client provides bunker trading & brokerage services to ship owners and operators worldwide to enable them to optimise their fuel procurement activity. With a global relationship base of vetted suppliers and extensive knowledge and experience of vessel operations / local bunkering requirements our client is able to deliver a market-leading quality of supply and service to enhance the logistics, timing, terms and pricing of bunker procurement for it’s customers.
As part of the analytics team you will provide support with management reporting and commercial analysis to enhance the longer-term development of the bunkering business. This is an excellent long-term opportunity for the successful candidate as not only the overall business but the analytics team continues to grow creating further career development opportunities.
- Preparing weekly/monthly/reports.
- Preparing monthly market and company commentaries.
- Preparing daily oil reports.
- Detailed analysis of customer portfolio and fleet movements etc.
- Ad hoc research into potential new customer segments.
- Detailed analysis of new commercial projects.
- Ad hoc preparation of presentations.
- Keeping reports & databases up to date.
- Continuously strive to improve reporting processes.
- Diligently manage the data created by the CRM system.
- Any other duties which may be required from time to time.
- Have a key role in the development of models and data mining projects
- Assist management not only in the preparation of analysis and reports but in interpreting the data.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.
- Mindset of understanding the business from a data-driven approach.
- Questioning and challenging attitude towards data and business assumptions.
- Strong proficiency in Excel i.e. pivot tables, power queries, intensive modelling skills & VBA programming
- Knowledge of data mining tools, e.g. Pentaho, Alteryx, Tableau, Microsoft Access (desirable).
- Attention to detail.
- Keen interest in shipping and the fuel markets.
- Team player, able to communicate effectively across different geographies and cultures.
- Leadership and team supervision potential.
- Candidates MUST possess the immediate right to live and work in the European Economic Area (EEA).
FLAGSHIP MANAGEMENT = MARITIME JOBS
WE ARE MARITIME PROFESSIONALS
MARITIME RECRUITMENT & EXECUTIVE SEARCH IS OUR BUSINESS