SHIP APPLICATION SPECIALIST – LONDON OFFICE IT SUPPORT DEPARTMENT
You will be responsible for installing and maintaining IT systems on board Epic Gas’ ships in accordance with
Company’s standards and best practice. This will require you to travel to different parts of the world, to visit all our
vessels trading globally, and carry out onboard maintenance and trouble shooting. You must possess in-depth
knowledge, experience & understanding of the use of the following Ship IT systems and its underlying data and has
the ability to validate the data and make any amendments/improvements as required:
- Ship communication system installation and maintenance – VSAT, Fleet Broadband
- Business Email and Crew welfare communication software
- Planned Maintenance , preferably MESPAS
- Procurement and positioning, preferably ShipNet Fleet
- Safety Management, preferably OceanManager Work/rest hour management
and has the ability to:
- Analyze how data maps between independent systems, e.g. for integration purposes
- Pull reports from the underlying databases
- Assess the validity of data and perform corrections as needed
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience in managing Ship IT systems, including experience in troubleshooting,
- supporting computer applications & operating systems.
- Hands on knowledge with Planned Maintenance Systems including implementation.
- Marine engineering sailing background is essential.
- Maintain an Administrative control over Ship’s type of machinery, jobs carried out, scheduling, running hours
- monitoring, inventory control, updating new spares/ inventory to database (Referring to Ship’s Operational
- Manuals, & updating databases as required).
- Familiar with:
− Procurement Systems on board vessel & monitor ShipNet Fleet and ship/ office interface, troubleshoot
database synch problems.
− extracting reports using available Reporting modules.
− Safety Management Systems, operational reports, customization of reporting formats.
- Experienced with Ship’s Networking Knowledge, Fleet Broadband Communication & Email Systems; and troubleshooting
- related problems.
- Proactive, organised & outcome driven.
- Ability to work under tight timelines & a team player.
Epic Gas offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resources
More search results
Deputy Head of Crew, London
Halcyon Recruitment Ltd.
Compliance Auditor Technical Department
Epic Ship Management Pte. Ltd
Technical Superintendent - Cruise (Permanent)
Technical Superintendent - Cruise - German Speaki…
Cruise Shore Excursions Manager - Shorebased - Ge…