Bunker Purchaser, London
An opportunity to work for a large established shipping company procuring bunker fuels for their sizeable fleet.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee the full procurement process, identifying requirements through to delivery
- Monitor fuel prices and market reports identifying daily fluctuations
- Reviewing opportunities, negotiating, leveraging to maximise buying power
- Finalising all procurement, liaising with the vessel operators, surveyors, suppliers and agents regarding delivery
- Monitor overall fleet bunker supply performance, identifying trends, investigating irregularities and react accordingly
- Maintain a solid working knowledge regarding current and up and coming regulations
- Manage the resolution of fuel related claims
- Prepare performance reports
- Key advisor within the commercial team on fuel economy and optimisation
- Develop and review a solid network of suppliers, brokers and traders
To be suitable for this position you should have a proven background within bunker procurement/supply, with an ability to think on your feet and respond proactively to changing dynamics effectively and efficiently. All applicants must have existing and unrestricted UK working entitlement.