Bunker Purchaser, London
An opportunity to work for a large established shipping company procuring bunker fuels for their sizeable fleet.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee the full procurement process, identifying requirements through to delivery
- Monitor fuel prices and market reports identifying daily fluctuations
- Reviewing opportunities, negotiating, leveraging to maximise buying power
- Finalising all procurement, liaising with the vessel operators, surveyors, suppliers and agents regarding delivery
- Monitor overall fleet bunker supply performance, identifying trends, investigating irregularities and react accordingly
- Maintain a solid working knowledge regarding current and up and coming regulations
- Manage the resolution of fuel related claims
- Prepare performance reports
- Key advisor within the commercial team on fuel economy and optimisation
- Develop and review a solid network of suppliers, brokers and traders
To be suitable for this position you should have a proven background within bunker procurement/supply, with an ability to think on your feet and respond proactively to changing dynamics effectively and efficiently. All applicants must have existing and unrestricted UK working entitlement.
More search results
Deputy Head of Crew, London
Halcyon Recruitment Ltd.
Compliance Auditor Technical Department
Epic Ship Management Pte. Ltd
Technical Superintendent - Cruise (Permanent)
Technical Superintendent - Cruise - German Speaki…
Cruise Shore Excursions Manager - Shorebased - Ge…