Marine Manager DPA: Cruise - Netherlands
Our client, an international cruise company, is looking for an experienced manager with SMS, DPA experience to join their team.
- Evaluating the company's procedures, facilities, personnel and equipment to ensure unsafe conditions are identified and improved upon
- Responsibility of maintaining safety and accident records as well as publishing vessel safety bulletins, drills and exercises
- Report to company director on safety statistics, opportunities for improvement, and crew feedback
- Create safety program presentations and present them to vessel crew as well as senior managers to ensure the safety culture message is delivered.
- Develop training course materials on safety, SMS, environmental and related topics for presentation by ships’ personnel or others.
- Serve as a trainer for ship’s officers and crew periodically on subject of expertise including safety, PPE, SMS, and related topics. c. Maintain the SMES Training Manual and make changes when needed.
- B.S. or B.A. degree preferred or some college credits and 5 years experience in related field.
- Senior deck officer experience on Cruise vessels.
- Familiarity and experience with international standards ISM Code, STCW, SOLAS, ISO 14001, IMDG Code and U.S. regulations for OSHA health and safety (29 CFR) and EPA environmental (40 CFR), DOT Transportation of hazardous materials and wastes (49 CFR), and USCG commercial shipping (46 and 33 CFR) are desired.
- Shore-based management experience in cruise industry preferred.
- Must be fluent in English and German
- Strong organizational, project management and computer skills required.
- Newbuild yard experience a plus
- AMOS experience is an advantage
In return for the above, our client is offering a generous compensation package. This is a great opportunity to join a long-established company with tremendous opportunity for ongoing advancement.
FLAGSHIP MANAGEMENT = MARITIME JOBS
WE ARE MARITIME PROFESSIONALS - MARITIME RECRUITMENT AND MARITIME EXECUTIVE SEARCH IS OUR BUSINESS
Keywords: Electrical, Electronic, Electrical Superintendent, Oil Major, Energy Major, LNG, Oil Tanker, Chemical Tanker, FLNG, FSRU, FSO, FPSO, Flagship Management, Cruise, Cruiseline, Maritime, Marine Operations, Maritime Academy, Warsash, OCIMF, Shipyard, Newbuilding, Shipping, LR, DNV, ABS, BV, RINA.