OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Operating and maintaining smooth physical operations for vessels and cargoes in both Pressurised and Refrigerated vessels.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working with a team of vessel operators and coordinating day to day vessel operations in product and shipping, mainly west of Suez but including east Africa, assisting traders with forward cargo planning.
• Assist colleagues in all departments in shipping and cargo operations
• Manage day to day operations timely
• Liaising with various counterparties for example, charterers, agents, brokers, inspectors on all shipping, cargo document related matters
• Provide accurate information to the demurrage/claims dept.
• Provide in a timely manner all documents required by finance and accounts as well as working closely with both departments on their documentation requirements
• Maintain efficiently daily data input into our shipping/cargo system
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum requirements, A level/ International Baccalaureate/ Professional Certificate in Maritime Academy or Vessel Operations.
• Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in the related field of LPG operations is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent Verbal/ Written Communications Skills
• Knowledge in trade documents
• Proficient is MS office
• Proactive, Communicate well with the team players,
• Work independently with minimal supervision,
• Ability to handle multiple task simultaneously,
• Operations focus and a genuine interest in maritime industry.