Operations team member
Fractal Logistics UK, a fast-growing dry bulk service company, is looking to recruit an operations team member to join its expanding team in central London.
Fractal Logistics acts on behalf of Fractal Marine, a Panamax vessel operating company that combines operational and chartering experience with 21st century data science and analytics to deliver a best in class service to its clients.
The role: Operations for a fleet of Panamax vessels and cargoes.
The person: We are looking for an eager and dynamic vessel operator to join a small and fast growing shipping company in a hard-working but friendly environment.
You must have experience of dry bulk post-fixture operations, ideally from an ‘Operators’ perspective.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to senior ops manager and commercial management
- Independently managing a number of vessels and cargo fixtures
- Liaising with the vessels, charterers and agents to ensure smooth operations of the vessel/cargo
- Voyage planning, preparing and sending detailed TC/VC instructions
- Scheduling, commencing and managing fixtures in the internal trade capture systems (IMOS)
- Appointing agents and arranging disbursement payments
- Performing laytime calculations, issuing hire invoices/freight invoices/laytime calculations
- Approving and processing cargo documents i.e. B/Ls / switch BL procedures etc
- Analysing voyages in progress and monitoring in detail the changes affecting the P&L
- Evaluating open items (account payables and account receivables), finalising completed voyages with the accounts department
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience as an operator in the dry-bulk sector, preferably with experience of working with ‘blue-chip’ client base
- Familiarity with the dry-bulk sector, trades, cargoes and routes
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, allocate and prioritise daily workload effectively, and simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- An enthusiastic, problem-solving attitude and willingness to help grow a business from the ground up
- Potential to lead as the team grows
- Strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge of technology is a plus
- Previous use of IMOS vessel management software is a plus
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK and be fluent in English
Rewards: Salary to be in line with experience. Flexible working, excellent perks and benefits in a challenging but enjoyable work environment
More search results
Sales Manager- Cruise
Safety Superintendent - German Speaking - Cruise
Technical Superintendent - Cruise (Permanent)
Shorebased Senior Technical Support Engineer - Cr…
Fleet Technical Director - Cruise