TradeWinds is seeking an experienced, self-starting and versatile business journalist as a Correspondent to join our award-winning editorial team in Oslo.
The successful candidate will be a resourceful journalist able to write news, features and analysis with speed and accuracy for daily, weekly and periodical publications.
Fluency in written English is vital, while Norwegian language skills would be asignificant advantage. Knowledge of shipping is not necessary, although familiarity with business issues is important. The position will be based at NHST’s offices in central Oslo.
• Writing a full range of stories for our online news service, weekly newspaper and periodical magazine TW+ with accuracy, to deadline and to appropriate length and style.
• Coverage of relevant shipping and closely-aligned markets in Norway,
Scandinavia, and further afield when appropriate.
• Ability to move between fast-moving breaking news and long-form features and interviews.
• Development of a network of contacts across industry, government and civil society.
• Travel to attend industry events, press conferences and site visits.
• Opportunities to help organise or moderate at TradeWinds’ conferences and events.
• Excellent news judgement and deep understanding of business issues to generate a strong file for our subscribers.
• Ability to generate compelling journalism both in a fast-moving news
environment and long-form features and interviews.
• A keen eye for detail, grammar and accuracy.
• Knowledge of how periodical journalism interacts with rolling online news and social media.
• Advanced digital skills and understanding of how to use digital tools to
enhance reader experience and loyalty.
• Experience with multi-media, including video and audio, an advantage.
• Robust knowledge of journalism law.
• Ability to work fast and accurately under pressure.
A competitive salary package is available, in line with skills and experience.
TradeWinds will accept applications with a CV for this role until 28 February
Apply to: Julian Bray, Editor-in-Chief firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also apply online at www.nhst.com/careers