Operations Executive - London Office
Epic Gas owns and operates a fleet of fully pressurised gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of liquefied petroleum gas and petrochemicals. The company controls a fleet of 41 vessels which serve the international supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity traders throughout Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas. We employ approximately 1000 seafarers and a multi-national team of over 120 shore-based staff.
Epic Gas invites applications for the position of
OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE - LONDON OFFICE
- Provide the vessel with full voyage instructions, including the interpretation of important charter
- party terms, whether under a voyage charter, contract of affreightment or time charter.
- Liaise with and instruct head/local agent to load/discharge/bunker/special supply ports including
- obtaining port/berth information, estimated DA and maintain good record.
- Provide timely and accurate vessel updates to charterers/brokers and maintain good working
- relationships with charterers/brokers/agents/suppliers.
- Prepare invoices for freight/hire/demurrage and ensure timely collection of all receivables.
- Check and approve accounts payable for services rendered to the commercial team.
- Ensure voyage accounts and records within SHIPNET are always up-to-date.
- Administer operations related documents.
- A qualification in maritime studies such as the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in the operations department of a tanker company.
- A good working knowledge of Asbatankvoy and Shelltime 4 charter parties.
- An understanding of the importance of Bill of Lading as a contract of carriage.
- Sound analytical skills and ability to work under tight timelines.
- Strong team player with the ability to work across the functional departments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Seagoing experience would be helpful but is not essential.
- Fluency in a second language.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Website: www.epic-gas.com
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.