Engineering Manager: Offshore - UK
Location - Aberdeen
Our client is actively seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Engineering Manager to join their Maritime Assurance and Consulting business. In this position you will lead the planning, organisation and management of a strong team of naval architects in the completion of a range of marine warranty, engineering assurance and structural engineering projects. As technical expert within the team, this role will provide naval architectural / structural engineering consultancy to our clients, both as a consultant on an ad-hoc basis or as part of a project specific role. You will carry out engineering analysis, undertake analysis reviews and prepare technical documents, taking a consultative approach to technical challenges.
- To provide leadership to the Engineering team in all areas of planning, financial control, technical and operations management
- To act as technical expert in the areas of structural engineering and/or naval architecture
- To drive team performance and development
- To act as focal point for assigned clients, building and managing client relationships and ensuring that technical services are delivered as per the contract
- To support business development and tendering activity for the
- Principal level Chartered Naval Architect (or Chartered Structural Engineer) with significant experience of jacket and topside installation/decommissioning, circa greater than 2,500te lifts.
- Experience in subsea construction projects (pipelay, subsea lifts & installation, risers, umbilicals, mooring systems, etc.)
- Structural analysis experience, including:
- Extensive knowledge of industry structural code calculations (API, DNV, Norsok, AISC, etc.)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of large structures (Ansys, ABACUS, etc.)
- Familiar with industry codes (Norsok, DNVGL, API etc.)
- Familiar with aging structures, inspection techniques, applicable codes etc.
- Marine Warranty Surveying (MWS) Experience
- Offshore experience of heavy lift operations and the equipment utilised for the work, construction and/or decommissioning
- Seafastening experience, including review of SF designs
- Experience of document review with regards to subsea construction
- Demonstrated experience of OSV engineering experience
- Experience with internal and external parties
- Strong communication skills for presentations.
- Must have valid passport
FLAGSHIP MANAGEMENT = MARITIME JOBS
WE ARE MARITIME PROFESSIONALS - MARITIME RECRUITMENT AND MARITIME EXECUTIVE SEARCH IS OUR BUSINESS